Why a Tanzania Safari is Africa’s Best Safari
Tanzania is arguably the best safari destination in the world, this view is shared by many who have had the opportunity to visit this great country but echoed with great attractions found in the country, many say visiting Tanzania is like visiting 3 different countries in one holiday among the other considerations making it better than a Kenya safari or South Africa safari
Factors making a Tanzania safari the best safari in Africa and better than Kenya & South Africa.
1.Many wildlife parks, with over 21 national parks in Tanzania two of them Serengeti & Ngorongoro crater being the standouts & two of the most popular wildlife destinations, the Serengeti being famous for its vast savannah plains & the great wildebeest migration (talking about over 1.2m wildebeest & 250000 zebras) and the Ngorongoro crater which its landscape, scenery & wildlife density is one to take your breath away, But there are other parks like Ruaha located in the south, Ruaha is the largest park in Tanzania shelter to over 10% of world’s population of lions(Tanzania having 50% of worlds lion population), also minor parks like kitulo which was primarily established to protect its fauna, it is also referred as the Serengeti of flowers
2. vast wildlife, with all of African big 5 animals (including the black rhinos who are expected to go extinct), Tanzania surely have these animals in abundance, having the highest population of lions in the world over 50% of the worlds lion population, the second-highest number of hippos, almost all of the wildebeest population (we, however, share them with Kenya for 2 months when they head to Masai mara), over 70% of flamingoes, it is said Tanzania has more wild animals per square kilometer than any other country in Africa
3. Landscapes, scenery, pristine. the authenticity of Tanzania parks, these parks surely do have great landscapes from plains to crater, also while other countries have modernized their infrastructure Tanzania parks remain authentic & pristine giving you a memorable experience from bumpy dirt roads to muddy & slippery roads hence safaris in Tanzania are more adventurous.
4. Vast safari types, yes it is not all about game drives in Tanzania they are other safari types like balloon safaris, walking safaris, canoeing safaris, fly-in safari options, chimpanzee trekking so you can tailor Tanzania safaris to your safari-style
5. Less traffic, Tanzania safaris is quite pricey than other safari destinations this is because Tanzania parks are considered better than other so a higher price standardize the traffic and traveler heading to these parks
6. Other attractions, such as archaeological sites (earliest man’s footprints & skull), the deepest & largest lakes in Africa, the diversity in vegetation’s, beaches, waterfalls, hot springs all can be possible add on’s & areas of interest
Other considerations icing Tanzania as the best safari destination
7. Possibility to see or climb Mount Kilimanjaro & multiple hike extensions, with your northern circuit safari in Tanzania you stand a chance to see the highest mountain in Africa, of course, this mountain is shy, usually hides behind clouds you should be proud witnessing a clear view of it
8. bush to beach safari, a beach stay in Zanzibar or mafia (has the longest whale shark season) is the perfect icing on the safari, after an exciting safari in the dusty plains & bumpy roads a relaxing session at the beach is a need not a want, but Tanzania offers you not just a beach but Zanzibar or mafia still preserved with nature these beaches are clean & having clear waters
9. culture, language, food, natives
- Swahili language, unlike many countries in Africa who are widely integrated to the western languages, Tanzania prides its Swahili culture, the Swahili cultures is diverse from a mixture of Hindu, Arabic, Bantu tribes (over 100 tribes in Tanzania) most Tanzania speak Swahili as there 1st language, you will, however, have plenty of people to speak within other foreign languages but it is just great travelling & hearing a new language a different dialect, but this language is none other than Africa’s popular language
- Food, Tanzania food like its culture is highly diverse from native dishes to mixtures of Swahili Arabic & Hindu dishes
- natives, if you are looking to explore local African tribes in Tanzania you get to meet the famous Masai & the bushmen still authentic & proud of their ways & traditions you will surely enjoy visiting them, of course, you can meet the Masai in the parks & learn how & why these famous warriors used to go against the lions with spears, machete & guards
- the people, in Tanzania people, are very friendly you will always feel warm & welcoming & not just because your tourists & supposedly with money, it is just Tanzanians we are friendly to one another & always willing to help each other which is something embodied to us from traditions of our forefathers.
10. Tanzania (Isle of peace), forget what western media shows you of Africa, most African countries are peaceful & safe but hey welcome to the island of peace, with no any political instigated violence’s or riots Tanzania seals its title as the island of peace with the only post-colonial war being against Uganda’s famous dictator idd Amin (1977-78), Tanzania army lined up to battle in a mission to destroy idd Amin & rebuild Uganda, in a much-needed war Ugandans were freed of the oppression & to date, both countries enjoy an excellent relationship. Unlike other safari countries like Kenya & south Africa have riots, xenophobic attacks